15 Years of Fighting for New Orleans Natives
Dedicated Service to the People of Louisiana
Royce’s practice focuses on fighting for his clients during their most difficult times. He holds a deep-rooted belief in the responsibility and importance of working as an attorney in Louisiana, and serving the citizens of New Orleans.
Born, Raised and Educated in New Orleans
New Orleans has always been Royce’s home. After Hurricane Katrina, he immersed himself in rebuilding the community and seeking an education that would allow him to best serve his fellow community members. A local, practiced attorney with more than 15 years of experience, Royce continues his focus on the friends, neighbors and fellow New Orleanians that he has dedicated his career to fighting for.
- 2010 — Juris Doctor from Howard University School of Law, Washington D.C.
- 2004 — Bachelor of Arts, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Louisiana State Senator for District 5 — 2022
- Represented District 93 in the Louisiana House of Representatives — 2018-2022
- Chairman of the New Orleans City Planning Commission
- Special counsel for former Chief Justice of the Louisiana Supreme Court Bernette Johnson
- Law clerk for Judge Thomas J. Motley on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Chief of staff to former New Orleans City Councilmember James Carter
Boards & Committees
- Board of the Innocence Project
- Governor’s Council on the Success of Black Men and Boys
- Orleans Parish Democratic Executive Committee — 2014
- Co-founder and past president of the A.P. Tureaud, Sr. Legacy Committee
- Past president of the Louis A. Martinet Legal Society, Inc.
Awards & Acknowledgements
- 2022 Mondale-Brooke Award, Louisiana Fair Housing Action Center
- 2021 Legislator of the Year, Louisiana Center for Development and Learning
- 2021 Fellow, E Pluribus Unum Fund
- 2019 Legislator of the Year, Childcare Association of Louisiana
- 2017 Fellow; Leadership Award Recipient, New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute
- Honored as one of Xavier University of Louisiana’s 2015 40 Under 40
- 2016 Fellow, Education Leadership Institute
- 2014 Fellow, New Leaders Council
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiff’s civil litigation
Schedule a Free Consultation
"*" indicates required fields